Saturday, July 11, 2009

July Update

Hi all!

I haven't dropped off the planet. The last cycle of monthly sign ups has finished. Here's what was accomplished: In January, we raised $80 of DVD's. I got 12 DVD's with that money and the RMH in Marshfield was very thankful. In February, we didn't do anything extra. In March, I delivered about 100 cards. Again, I was told they had plenty of cards for a while. I have another stack to deliver, but I am waiting. In April, I sent a $25 donation. May and June were not good months for me to be able to do much, so I've been a little neglectful. Now it is July and here's what's going on this month:

At my Rubber Rummage, I am selling all craft items with the proceeds going to the RMHC. I will donate it to their share a night program. Each night costs about $10 for families to stay. By donating directly to this program, we are benefiting families. No one has to pay to stay at the RMH, but this ensures it stays that way. After Day 1 of my sale, I've raised $35. Not bad. Today is going mighty slowly, so we'll see how that changes. I also will be donating some 3D items that they can use as treats. I have a random assortment of magnets, candy bar holders, and notepads.

What's next? That's up to us. I am setting up a blog that will track our accomplishments. Stampin' Up! has created another amazing set for us to show off. Events are still not ok by this small house. Cash donations are very appreciated by the house as well as items off the wishlist.

In October, I will hold another fundraiser--a stamp camp featuring the Very Thankful Set. I donate $5 per participant and my 20% instant income from sales from that weekend. It would be cool if more of us planned and event and then we pooled our resources! Anyone interested?

In December, I'd like to do another food drive. The last one was very successful.

When I stayed at the Milwaukee Ronald McDonald House, one small thing that brightened our day was the basket of treats. There was always a freebie to make us smile and often they were small 3D items. As a personal goal, I'd like to have our team donate these items monthly. Anyone want to pick a month?

Feel free to make a contribution in any way that fits you! I am open to ideas, suggestions, and volunteers!

Happy Summer!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment